Master in Engineering Project Management
Become a sought-after expert at the interface between management and engineering
- Next start of studies: Bad Honnef: March / September
- Accreditation: currently in the official accreditation and approval process
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Language of instruction: 100% English
Studies with excellent career prospects.
You have already completed your first degree in engineering and would now like to deepen your specialist knowledge and management skills? Then our Engineering Project Management programme is the right choice for you. It optimally prepares you to solve technical problems with business management expertise and to assume management responsibility wherever interdisciplinary knowledge in the field of technology and economics is needed.
During your studies at the IUBH, you acquire key skills in product development and gain insights into various current topics in engineering management. You will also enjoy excellent career prospects after graduating: You organise engineering teams according to the current organisational and project context. You are responsible for budgeting and cost planning as well as evaluating various types of quality management standards. You are in demand wherever comprehensive and interdisciplinary knowledge in technology and management is needed.Facts about the degree programme
Studying in Bad Honnef
- Degree: Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Study model: On Campus
- Campus: Bad Honnef
- Programme duration: 2 semesters
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, placement test if necessary, proof of English language skills
- Non-Business Graduates: International Management for career changers
Bad Honnef is idyllically located in one of the most beautiful areas of North Rhine-Westphalia – with direct connections to the metropolis of Cologne and the cultural city of Bonn. There are also a lot of options for recreation during your studies: The island of Grafenwerth, the Siebengebirge and the Drachenfels, which towers over Bad Honnef, offer places to relax or go mountain biking or hiking. And for those you who prefer something a little more exciting: Cologne and Bonn are ideal for shopping, cultural events and parties. To change the viewing direction, simply drag the image with the mouse pointer in the desired direction.Programme Structure
What you will learn from us
During your master´s studies at IUBH you not only learn about strategic decision-making factors and technical processes of engineering, but also acquire all the essential know-how required for taking on a responsible position in an international business environment:
How does the course of studies work?
- You will learn to distinguish between several aspects of the internet of things, including consumer, business, social and environmental issues
- You will get to know the fundamental concepts and processes of product development
- You will acquire an in-depth understanding of both generic and engineering-specific project management tasks
- You will discuss the broad range of different quality management standards as well as techniques to plan, evaluate and improve the quality of products and processes
- You will deal with research methods and how to apply them within the field of engineering management
For our two-semester Master's programme you need a Bachelor's degree with 240 ECTS. If you already have professional experience or take our TASC placement test, a Bachelor's degree with 210 ECTS may be sufficient.Admission requirements
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
Aptitude Test TASC
- Language skills: English, academic IELTS 6.0/ TOEFL IBT 80 points/ PTE 56 points (51 points in each range)
- Bachelor's degree in economics (240 ECTS) or
- Bachelor's degree in economics (210 ECTS) + relevant work experience (30 ECTS) or
- Bachelor degree from other fields (210 ECTS) + Path2Master (30 ECTS) or
- Bachelor degree from other fields (210 ECTS) + TASC
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (3.0)
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IUBH degree programme to which you are applying. Preparatory study materials are available on our CLIX learning platform to all candidates who will be taking the test. The materials include further literature references and detailed instructions that make it possible to work, for the most part, independently in preparation for taking the test.Career
What are my prospects?.
Excellent job prospects await you after graduation. You will be in need wherever interdisciplinary and comprehensive knowledge in the field of technology and business is required. For example, you can work as a ...
Your career? International!
- Project Manager / Leader
- Quality Manager
- Engineering Project Manager
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IUBH prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.