MBA in Hospitality and Tourism Management (Official) - Barcelona - English
: 21-60EDAD INTERNACIONAL
ESTUDIOS MÍNIMOS NACIONAL
: A partir de Bachillerato (ID 4)ESTUDIOS MÍNIMOS INTERNACIONAL
: A partir de FP (ID 5)CAMPUS
: FULL TIMEIDIOMA
: Abril.TIPO DE PROGRAMA
: SI (UPC)
Presentación de Máster
This MBA will be conducted in English
Ostelea-EAE Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is designed with the objective of training the future leaders of the tourism sector: directors, professionals and entrepreneurs equipped to manage business projects in the tourism and hotel sector at the very highest level. To this end, this programm, developed with EAE Business School- internationally recognised business school*-focuses on the development of executive skills and aptitudes of a strategic nature.
This MBA is also conducted in Spanish in Madrid, in Barcelona and Online methodology
*top 35 world best business school according to the Economy America 2017 ranking
Reasons for studying the Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA at Ostelea:
- MBA students have the option of taking an international residential program in Tourism at Saxion (Holland), in Finance at ESG UQAM (Montreal, Canada) or in Cross-Cultural Marketing at Kean University (NJ, USA) (at an additional cost).
- Campus to Campus: Option of taking part of the program at Ostelea?s Madrid campus. (accommodation not included).
- Management Experience: The MBA program developed with EAE Business School allows students work out the key competences for managing projects effectively, Soft Skills.
- Business Game: The program applies a learning methodology based on business simulations, involving the challenge of understanding strategic planning through practice and execution within a context that is a highly realistic reflection of the real world
- Series of meetings with executives from hotel and restaurant companies, and international tourism consultants.
- Program for developing executive competences: Tourism Skills Development Program (TSDP).
- Case study method: The main learning methodology applied throughout the MBA program, which places participants in real business situations so that they have to analyse them and propose their own solutions.
Employability and Entrepreneurship
- International internships in companies such as Hilton, Tundra Hotels and Melia Hotels, among others learning tourism management.
- Students who want to set up their own business have access to the Entrepreneur Project, offering advice and guidance.
- Employability-focused tuition: Professional Careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Programs, among other initiatives (subject to demand).
- Doing Business in Spain Seminar: Entrepreneurs in Spain share their insight into the key factors to take into account in order to be successful and competitive in the Spanish market.
Other key features
- International faculty: Some of the contents on certain courses will be taught by lecturers from Ostelea?s partner universities and business schools.
- Research Group: Members of the Master faculty form part of EAE?s Multidisciplinary Tourism Research Group (GRIT-EAE), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
- Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid).
- Language: English or French.
The objectives of the Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA are as follows:
INTERNATIONAL VISION OF THE TOURISM INDUSTRY
Providing an international vision of the tourism industry, together with an adaptable perspective in a changing and competitive global environment.
Ensuring the effective management of tourism companies based on strategic plans and focused on achieving results.
Providing a response to the training needs of executives specializing in the tourism sector.
Developing the capacity for innovation and creative management of executives in tourism and hotel companies.
Training the future leaders of the global hospitality and tourism industry. Equipping participants with the executive skills and competences required of directors and business people in the tourism sector, in order to ensure dynamic, effective and successful leadership.
Analysing global trends in the sector and acquiring the perspectives and strategies required to become ethical leaders of global tourism organizations.Study Programme
Ostelea?s Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is divided into 6 modules:
- Global Environment and Markets
- Human Resources Management
- International Management
- Corporate Internationalization
- Master's Thesis
- Elective Courses
The program has the folllowing characteristics:
· Workload of 75 ECTS credits - 540 learning hours (in classroom)
o 45 ECTS credits from signatures
o 15 ECTS credits from final master?s project
o 15 ECTS credits from specialization in Hospitality
· Program description
o Monday to Friday, from 9:00 to 14:00
o 25 learning hours every week
o Duration: 9 months
Each of these modules is comprised of several courses covering the following topics:Programa
Módulo 1 : Global Environment and Markets
- Socio-economic context and the tourism industry - 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Tourism marketing and sales in global settings - 5 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 2 : Human Resources Management
- Talent management in Hospitality - 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Executive skills for Hospitality organizations - 5 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 3 : International Management
- Financial management - 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Information Tech. Management - 5 Credits - Compulsory
- International Financial Risk Management - 5 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 4 : Corporate Internationalization
- Global Strategic Management - 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Corporate Internationalization - 5 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 5 : Master's thesis
- Master's thesis - 15 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 6 : Elective Courses
- Accommodation management and Revenue & Yield Management - 3 Credits - Compulsory
- Strategic Food & Beverage Management - 3 Credits - Compulsory
- Sustainable tourism management - 3 Credits - Compulsory
- Competitiveness and innovation in Hospitality - 3 Credits - Compulsory
- Operations in Hospitality - 3 Credits - Compulsory
Ostelea gives its students training designed to enhance employability
To this end, it gives students access to the Tourism Skills Development Program and a selection of services designed to guide and accompany them towards reaching them professional goals.
The Tourism Skills Development Program includes (limited places):
- Executive skills
- Public Relations
- Advanced Excel
- Tourism Marketing
In addition to this, there is a package of service which is intended to guide and support our alumns, so they can reach their profesional objectives. This service includes (subject to call):
Professional careers programs (choose one):
- Employability: 3 workshops focused on selection processes and a better candidature
- Entrepreneurship: through the Entrepreneurs Project where alumns will have advice
- Career Transition: 5 workshops to guide alumns about their profesional future
Talent Tourism Week: with presence of important companies in the sector that will present their employment offers and also they will interview the potential candidates
Employment Forum: where several companies participate by publishing online their employment offers and doing interviews to our alumns
Graduate Program: made by multinational companies (Hilton, Mandarin Oriental, Hotusa?), which aim to select the best candidates
Company Meetings: between spanish and international companies, where alumns will have the opportunity to know which proffesional profiles are the most demanded
Key Professional Opportunities related to this MBA master include:Professional Opportunities
- Hotel director or manager, or manager of other types of tourism establishment
- Operational Director or Department Manager in tourism companies.
- Corporate Director in hospitality and tourism companies, in any of the functional areas.
- Director of companies operating in the tourism sector in general.
- Positions of responsibility in companies and public institutions in the sector.
- Positions in auxiliary companies in the fields of marketing and commercialization linked to the hospitality and tourism industries.
- Business entrepreneur in the tourism sector, or related sectors.
- Tourism and hospitality consultant/advisor
Admission and Qualification Process:
The admission process ensures the candidates? suitability and, as a result, all of the participants can make the very most of this learning experience.
To begin the admission process, candidates must complete the information request form.
After that, Ostelea gets in contact with the candidate to schedule an interview, to which they must bring the following documentation:
- University qualification
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- English certification or interview in English
After completing the interview, Admissions Committee analyses the applications case by case and notifies the candidate of its decision and informs them of their admission status.
Participants who successfully complete the programme at the Barcelona campus will receive a TRIPLE QUALIFICATION:
- Master in Business Administration and Management, majoring in International Business, from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (OFFICIAL), and specialization in Hospitality & Tourism Management from Ostelea (INSTITUTIONAL)
- Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from the Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality. (INSTITUTIONAL)
- Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from EAE Business School. (INSTITUTIONAL)
Nuestra misión es contribuir al desarrollo social, económico y cultural de forma sostenible de la industria, a través de la formación de directivos, profesionales y técnicos del sector. Estamos comprometidos con la innovación e impulsamos el vínculo entre empresas del sector y Ostelea para nutrir al mercado de nuevas soluciones.
Impartimos masters en las principales áreas de formación de turismo como: Hotel Management, Turismo & Hospitality, Arte y Patrimonio, Relaciones Internacionales, Protocolo y Organización de Eventos, Leisure & Sport Management y Destinos Turísticos.